Thursday, July 26, 2012

10 Day Challenge

Lately I have been talking to a good friend from high school, Courtney Bently, about fitness and eating healthy.  Let me just tell you, this girl is AMAZING!! She has given me workouts, food suggestions, recipes and of course tons, and tons, of motivation!

She has her own blog that you can access, here, to read all about her, what motivated her to become fit and how she has changed peoples lives!

Recently, she posted on Facebook about a 10 day challenge.  Immediately I wanted to try it!
What you do is you pick a challenge a day, for the next 10 days and stick to it!! By the end of the 10 days are you going to lose 50 pounds or have a flat tummy? No. BUT you will gain motivation and realize that bad habits are easy to overcome!

I wanted to share my calendar to show some examples of challenges:
Yesterday, my challenge was to try a new gym and a new workout routine.  On my way home from work I realized there is a 24 hour fitness that is literally right off the freeway and so easy to get to and is en route to my house.  I don't know why I didn't pick this up before, but HELLO ALEX!!! Before I was going to a gym that I was comfortable with but it is past my house, out of the way and doesn't have the best equipment.  But because I'm generally hesitant to try new things, I always stayed there.

Well this 10 day challenge gave me an opportunity to explore and when I did I was so pleased and felt much better!  The gym was much more up-to-date, has a pool and a massive weight section!! 

On top of trying a new facility, I also took up the challenge to try a new workout routine.  I HATE working my legs, hate it hate it hate it! I have terrible knees and I'm just always afraid that I'll feel more pain after the workout then necessary so I've always strayed away.  But, I did it! And it felt GOOD!! I went though 4 moves working out my hamstrings, calves, quads AND gluts! It was a pretty awesome feeling.

Today my challenge is to create a new workout playlist! I've been putting this off for some time and dealing with what I already have, but David and I have collected quite a few AMAZING CDs and I am going to pull them together and make a kick-ass playlist including Sublime, Linkin Park and Travis Barker! Great new CDs from these guys that are upbeat and get you in that workout mood :))

If you're interested in Courtney's 10 Day Challenge check out her post and get started!!!

2 comments:

  1. ALEX! I am so happy you are joining me :) This challenge is going to rock your world and mine too! I just got out of the pool and because of yesterdays challenge I set up for myself I am now obsessed! I am so glad you tried a leg workout! Did you know you burn more calories doing leg workouts than any other body part? The lower half of you has WAY more muscles so you go girl!!! xo Love and Shine Court Star

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that true!?? WOW That'll pump me up to work my legs more often!!

    ReplyDelete