Monday, July 30, 2012

Challenge #5 - Meatless for a day!

Goal #5 - go meatless for the day

Well.  I thought this one would be easy, even though I was going to the fair.  I was convinced that staying away from meat would be no big.  But then my darling Mackenzie got herself a foot and a half long corn dog and with the hilarious-ness of it all, I had a bite. And then another. And then realized what I just did and was so annoyed with myself! But you know what, I am doing a "challenge" and thats exactly what I was faced with.  I didn't want to get myself down and ruin the day, so I decided that I would "Charge it to the game," as David and I would say, and let it go and pick up on this challenge the next day.

and I did! Sunday was a great day full of YUMMY meals that didn't involve meat AT ALL! I made David and I eggs and toast for breakfast, we had an early dinner at Olive Garden where I had minestrone soup and Linguine alla Marinara, and we had homemade cheese pizza for dinner! Challenge accepted!

[No pictures for this goal as I was very focused on getting through the hike that I missed a photo session with my breakfast food, I was too hungry at lunch to remember to pose for a shot with my Linguine and David served me my pizza just as I was waking up from a nap that I wasn't even thinking straight to even know what I was eating haha]

No comments:

Post a Comment