Wednesday, January 5, 2011

22. Learn how to make Guacamole

I was never really into guac until I tried it just a few years ago and now I'm hooked! AND Erin makes the best guac ever, so I figured I had to.. no NEEDED to learn how to make it myself!  One night while Shans was over at Erin's apartment, I had the bright idea of completing this goal, with an audience watching!

It was rough, to say the least, but now I'm a pro!

First! Get enough avocados to fulfill the tummys of your guests.  There was only 3 of us, so we used 4.  Cut the avocados in half and take out the seed.  Then spoon out the inside of the avocado into a bowl

Cut up about a half an onion, if you aren't fond of onions I'd say a quarter of an onion would probably be fine also.

Put the onions into the bowl with the avocados and then cut up and crush a piece of garlic and add in as well.

Take a 'bunch' of cilantro, about the size shown, and chop that to small pieces.  Erin taught me an easy way to do this! Roll the cilantro into a little taquito looking thing and then start chopping.

Use about a lime and a half, depending on your preference, and squeeze the juice into the bowl.  If you cut the lime in half and then take a fork and squeeze the half around the fork you'll get the most of your lime! Erin also taught me that!

Mix it alllll together!  Taste and see if you need anything else! Add serranos, cayenne powder, and salsa if you wish to make it spicy! Which we totally did!
*Also, somewhere in the mix you can add tomatoes too!  I didn't because I don't like tomatoes, but its a regular ingredient in most guacamole dishes.

ENJOY!

1 comment: