Tuesday, April 10, 2012

14. Dye Easter eggs

The conversation between Shannon and I literally went like this:
Shannon: What do you want to do tonight?
Me: I kind of wanted to dye Easter eggs.  It has been so long since I've done that.
Shannon: Ok, we can do that tonight.
Me: REALLY!? WE CAN?!
Shannon: Yeahhh, we can go buy the stuff and make them tonight.
Me: OK! LET'S GO!

Then, I called Erin and had almost the exact same conversation full of excitement.  And that is how we came to the great idea last Saturday evening to dye Easter eggs and knock something off of all our lists :)

Shannon and I went to the grocery store and bought all the goods.  We purchased the traditional dye kit and an extra little goodie box that gave us little bowls, shaped like eggs, to dissolve the dye in.

When we got back to the house we started unpacking everything and Shannon :) had the brilliant idea to punch out the holes on the back of the packaging to set our eggs in to dry after we had designed and dipped them.. little did she, or Erin and I know, that we hadn't read the instructions first and no one knew how exactly to dye Easter eggs.. HAHAHAHAHA

It was so funny!

Therefore, here is another funny conversation of the evening:
Erin: I think it says to put blah blah blah of vinegar in the bowl and then blah blah blah dissolve one tablet of dye and blah blah blah...
and it carried on like this because the "blah blah blah" was where the information was missing due to the missing holes on the back of the box :)
See the hole punched tray sitting there..BAHAHAHAA
Never a dry moment with us!

And the dyeing begins..

Erin getting her dyeing on..
Hahahaha so many funny stories this evening!
I, being a helpful baby sister, decided to check on one of Erin's eggs in the dye.  Well since I haven't done this in YEARS and haven't handled the egg dyeing tools, probably ever, I accidentally dropped her egg and squished the bottom :(
It was still beautiful, but lets just say I wasn't allowed to touch anyone else's eggs than my own after that.

Shannon! Rocking her totally gorgeous new hair cut! Proud to say I was the first to see it after she left the salon :)) (I didn't ruin any of her eggs :))

And this would be me and a concoction I made.  I put a pink dye tablet with a blue one to try and make purple.  Instead I got a very interesting mix of both colors which was a favorite amongst the group! They yelled at me when I did it, but then couldn't help but put one of their eggs in this crazy color mix!

I love these girls :)



No comments:

Post a Comment