Thursday, April 12, 2012

New Love - Hiking

While at Barnes and Noble one afternoon, David and I found a hiking book full of easy-moderate hikes in Southern California.  All very local.  And it was probably about $5.
BUY!

I went on one of the hikes last week and was just blown away by how many trails there were, the amount of people that hike in the area and how beautiful the view was!  The people weren't overbearing in anyway, it was just nice that there were people around and I wasn't completely solo on new land.


My handy-dandy guide book showed me that the trail went in a big loop start to finish.  I found out that because there are so many different trails, staying on that loop is impossible even if you tried.  So I stopped trying.
I ventured on a few different routes and found stairs that led to a trail that took you to a view point. And it did! It wasn't too bad up, unless you're me and aren't used to hiking, but it didn't defeat me!  The view was worth the climb.


My new goal, not on my DZP list - but just personally, is to take a hike at least once a week.  Some are very short quick hikes that will at least get you outdoors for an hour or two.

IN FACT! I'm even going on a hike today with my great friend Kyle Calhoun :).  We are going on a hike up to a waterfall in San Juan Capistrano.  I am very excited about this one!  Pictures soon to follow!


1 comment:

  1. What? There is a waterfall in San Juan Capistrano??!?!?! Um grew up there, never knew there was a waterfall- you have to share where this is!!!

    ReplyDelete