Thursday, April 12, 2012

24. Assemble a First Aid kit to keep in my car

Next week I will be going to San Diego for a New Teacher Training with my new school, Fusion Academy.  I will be taking this trip alone, which I have never done before.  Therefore, I thought since I'll be ridin' dirty solo that it might be a good idea to complete #24 and get a first aid kit in my Yaris in case of an emergency :)

Here were my thoughts on assembling the kit..
I had looked up on a website what all the necessities were.  There were great kits already assembled that you could buy for a very low price. (You can check those out here if you're interested.) But to me, that wasn't ME assembling the kit.  The website lists all that is included in the kit so I wrote down all the materials and went to Target to begin the process!

These are the troubles I ran into:
1. Target didn't have everything on the list
2.  I didn't know what a few of the items even were on the list to know where else to find them
3.  What I did find from my handy list as going to cost a FORTUNE

That is when I ran into this totally cute and adorable "Medibag" for $12.99.

Now, the Medibag didn't have ALL that I was hoping for inside of it but it had the majority of what I needed!

The Medibag included:
1. Assorted bandages - all different shapes and sizes
2. Anti-itch ointment
3. Antibiotic ointment
4. Assorted gauze pads
5.  Sting-free antiseptic wipes
6. Burn relief cream
7. Sting relief cream
8.  Cotton applicator swabs
9. Instant ice pack
10.  Hand sanitzer
11. Tweezers
12.  Latex gloves
13.  First aid guide
14. Kid friendly stickers :)
15.  Emergency family label
16.  All inside the "Doctor's bag"

What I added:
1. Wet wipes
2. Kleenex
3.  Hello Kitty bandaids (NECESSARY!)
4.  Asprin
5.  Icyhot
(this may be something only for me, I get really bad muscle cramps in my knees when I am driving long distances)


And TA-DA! Emergency First Aid Kit COMPLETE! :)

(You can also find the kit and other materials at www.medibag.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment