Thursday, June 21, 2012

101. Get engaged :))

Biggest goal! Number 101 is complete!!!!

David and I are engaged and couldn't be more excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is our story...

Lets just start by saying that David is not a planner! When we go out or do a day-trip somewhere you better believe that I generally have thought of the idea or took an idea from a conversation of ours and do the research that goes along with.  And for the record, I am in no way complaining about this, but that is just the way it is with us!

So, David tells me that he wants to take me to a restaurant down by Crystal Cove and I say "OK, when are we going?"  He nonchalontly says, "Whenever we're free I guess" and so I look at my calendar and suggest a date I see open and tell him "How about Sunday, May 20?" and he agrees and so it is set.  In the mean time I'm asking him what the plan is and he says that we'll have a picnic for lunch, hike around and then go to this restaurant for dinner so bring a change of clothes.

The date comes around, about two weeks or so later, we get everything together - I packed a picnic basket and David looked up directions and off we went! Once we got there we picked a parking lot, gathered the picnic basket and blanket and headed down to the beach.  It was quite a hike down but once by the water we parked ourselves on our blanket and started eating.  There were these cute little squirrels everywhere and I decided to feed them - as David is yelling at me not to :)


After lunch we put the food and basket back in the car and hiked around a little more just looking at the gorgeous view! Upon arriving we received a map of the cove so we took a look and David suggested going to this little spot on the far side of the beach.  We hiked over and I was getting pretty tired.  The sun was blazing right on us and we had climbed up and down trails for quite a while.  We came to a cave that we believe our good friend Dan Kintz took an award winning photograph at, so we decided to park ourselves for a while and play in the water and look at the tidepools.


While playing around with the sea life David asked if we wanted to do an exercise that we learned in counseling, we finish the phrase "When I say I love you I mean...." We took a seat on some rocks right off the water and did this exercise.  David was very into it and giving these long elaborate phrases while mine were pretty short.  We did this for a few times back and forth and David asks me if I want to play a game... I was not entertained by this idea, but I said sure.  He told me that I would have to stand up.  So I do, and as soon as I looked up at him I knew.. I completely started balling as he got on one knee and said "Will you marry me?" as he popped out that little black box and opened the lid.  I was so taken back that I didn't even see the ring and fell straight into his arms forgetting to answer his question.  I said yes and the rest is history!

This picture was taken after the proposal by a beachgoer that was walking behind us as we continued hiking up to an viewpoint.  We told her that we were just engaged and if we could do it over again so we could capture the moment! She was happy to and gave us this beautiful memory!!!

And here is a first look at our engagement shoot.  More to come..

No comments:

Post a Comment