Friday, August 3, 2012

Challenge #10 - Make a healthy dinner for D and I

Earlier this week my great friend Jessie made me dinner as we hung out and relaxed together.  It was FABULOUS! I loved the food and I knew that it was one to save because David would like it as well.
She made Trader Joes Orange Chicken, broccoli and brown rice.
[OK, David would not have liked the brown rice]

So, I decided that for this challenge I would bring Jessie's dinner into my own home and try it out!

I didn't have time to get to a Trader Joe's so I tried Sprouts instead and sure enough they had their own brand of Orange Chicken for $7.49!  It was really easy to make too!
Bring oven to 400 degrees, place chicken on a cooking sheet so that the chicken is spread out, put in oven for 20 minutes and top with the flavored sauce and TIME! You're done!
I steamed a bit of broccoli and made rice in a bag to complete our meal.  I'd say it was a success and David really liked it too!
We decided that we'd save this one as a favorite!



No comments:

Post a Comment