Friday, August 3, 2012

Challenge #9 - Try Body Pump at 24

Trying Body Pump has been a goal of mine for some time and I finally put my mind to trying it and then..... class was cancelled :(

Boooo!!
I was really bummed and relieved at the same time.

Finally I thought I'd get my ass into this class and was pumped to actually do it so I was upset that I couldn't try it, but at the same time that class scares the crap out of me and I would be lying to say I didn't feel a fresh of breath air learning that I didn't have to do the class.
I'm lame, I know.

I WILL be putting this on my next 10 day challenge that I will be starting tomorrow.  I will post my new calendar!

Even though this challenge wasn't met, I did have a surprise challenge that day that I was actually very excited about.  I've always wanted to try Quinoa and I finally did!! I had an impromptu visit to my BFF's house and she is a HEALHTY eater!! I wish I could be as strong of an eater as she is.  She was making asparagus, zucchini and quinoa for dinner.  I supplied the wine and we had a feast!!

I wish I took a picture of it, but here is what it looks like in seed form and cooked:
It's a little seed and is made the same as rice.  It is cooked in a pot, two cups of water for every one cup of quinoa.  It looks pretty interesting - some pictures I've researched makes it look very thick, almost like oatmeal, but when we had it it wasn't thick at all.  It had the same texture as rice and wasn't too watery or dry at all.  You just have to watch it while it cooks.  Once it comes to a boil, turn the heat to medium/low for about 15 minutes until there is no water left.

No comments:

Post a Comment