Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Challenge #8 - Try a new form of cardio!

My go-to cardio is ALWAYS the elliptical.  It's easy for me, but I can make it challenging and I always push for 200 calories to burn.  So if I'm being lazy, it doesn't mean I get off the machine at 20 minutes, I wait and push myself until 200 calories - that is my own personal trick to get me to
PUMP IT!  

But yesterday I challenged myself indeed.  I used to do the stair master with my BFF Lauren, she is a master at this thing, but when I wasn't with her I would usually give up on it half way through a workout or just not do it at all because it's hard! Naturally, I just didn't want to do it!
I challenged myself yesterday and succeeded! I ended up burning about 120 calories, but I can feel it today that it worked muscles! Either way, I was pleased.  I was sweating like a pig when I got off of it and felt really good.  I will probably try to work it into my workouts a couple times a week for the extra little push :).

[My new frienemy!]

No comments:

Post a Comment