Thursday, October 21, 2010

97. Try making a new recipe each month - September

This is an incredibly late post but last month for my new recipe goal I made one of me and David's favorite dishes more healthy!
Erin introduced me to Eat This, Not That and I found some great alternatives to what we usually use to make..
SPAGHETTI!
Usually we just grab whatever pack of angel hair spaghetti noodles and pasta sauce that is on sale.  After reading this book and finding out what the better alternatives I decided to change my routine and try the healthier dish and it didn't taste any differently but made me feel better and less full and gross.

I used the Smart Taste angel hair noodles and topped it with Prego Heart Smart Traditional pasta sauce.  Although we ate the same exact amount we usually would, it still felt like a lighter meal and didn't bog us down and make us feel nasty.  From now on, these are my spaghetti substitutes!
Our one splurge was the garlic bread :) we can't give that up!

No comments:

Post a Comment