Monday, August 30, 2010

8. Watch 26 movies I've never seen starting with each letter of the Alphabet

In one of my firsts posts I mentioned that this goal was in progress - but I just wanted to do a little update as to where I'm at with my alphabet movie watching.

This weekend I added a new movie to the list and a week ago or so I have a bonus for another letter I've completed already.

B - Brothers
(Jake Gyllenhaal, Natalie Portman, & Tobey Maguire)
This is my new addition! I watched it this weekend with David and I don't want to be a spoiler and give away anything for anyone who hasn't seen it (I know how much that sucks) but I will say that it wasn't too impressive for what I expected.  Erin disagrees and liked the movie overall, but for me it was a little slow at the beginning and the ending didn't solve anything for me. But Jake Gyllenhaal made it worth my time!!

G - (The) Goods
(Jeremy Piven)
David ordered this from Netflix and we took two nights to watch it, I think.. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep round 1 and finished it the following evening.  I personally liked it as a rental movie.  If I would have seen it in theaters I wouldn't have been so jazzed but it was good laughs.  I fell in love Jeremy Piven in Entourage and he kind of keeps that same a-hole persona here and I thought it was pretty great.  It doesn't take much to make me laugh when I like the actors, so you may not agree with me on this one, but it's worth a try..

I - Inception
(SO many great actors to name so I'll keep it short!
Leo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, & Ellen Page)
I definitely don't want to give ANYTHING away in this movie because it is still in theaters and a must see for sure! All I'm going to say is..
1. I loved it!
2. If you haven't seen it, what are you waiting for?!!

O - (The) Other Guys
(Will Ferrell & Mark Wahlberg)
This also is still in theaters so I won't say too much.
Pretty funny from what I saw.. I saw this with David and Kyle and they came out saying it was O.K.  They're huge Will Ferrell fans and thought there were good liners and the overall movie was good, but not great. We probably need to watch it again to fall in love with it.

S - Shutter Island
(Leo DiCaprio)
I really really REALLY enjoyed this movie.  It definitely took me a long time to convince myself to sit through it, but in the end I really enjoyed it.  My best friend Lauren told me she and her boyfriend saw it together and talked about the twisted plot and ending for about 30 minutes straight - just going back and forth with support for their interpretations of what happened... Therefore, I knew I should definitely see it so that I could see what the hype was about.. and what do you know! - I LOVED IT! If you're due for a great mysterious kind of film and haven't seen this I would recommend it!

*S - Step Up 3
(Rick Malambri, Sharni Vinson, & my favorite Adam G. Sevani)
Call me a dork but I love all the Step Up movies and this was no exception.  The dancing was so amazing and this girl, Sharni Vinson, is hot! I know David wasn't upset to sit through this one.  These movies get better and better, I'm a little bias towards the first one because I love Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan but this one didn't disappoint.  If you're interested in a good dance film, this one is one of my favorites.
AND Adam G. Sevani is better in this one than Step Up 2! If you can even fathom that, I fell in like with him in the second movie and this one I definitely fell in love. I mean whats not to like.. Really!?

Well.. thats my movie round up! WHEW! There was alot to catch up on.. but I'll continue my goal to see all 26 movies and keep posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment