Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Bridge to Nowhere

This past Monday and Tuesday I went on a backpacking hike with a few friends and had an amazing time! I was pretty impressed with how well David and I did because we generally aren't the outdoorsy couple... but we had a BLAST! I went with David, Kyle, and Darryl.  Kyle is Davids best friend, who in the past 5 years that I've been with David, has developed into one of the best friends I've ever had.  And Darryl is our friend we met at CSUF more recently.

It was about 10 miles round trip and involved many river crossings, rock climbing, a campfire, Top Roman, a heavy backpack, and the best guys I could spend my time with! It was definitely a challenge to my body but I am so proud that I actually accomplished this hike.  In the end I feel in the river and scrapped up my knee a bit, but it was all worth it!

Here are a few pictures from the hike...


This hike is ALSO #27 on my DZP list!!!
27. Take a hike in the Azusa Pacific area

While on the hike I also completed:
65. Jump into a body of water fully clothed

Pretty successful trip if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment